Fukushima Power Plant close proximity 2022

Hello My name is Martina. I am from North Germany and living in Japan since 2006 on and off. I report about my Life in Japan on this channel with a focus on travel destinations in #Japan. When I visit my home country Germany or it’s surrounding countries I vlog about it. If you are learning German, I do have a German channel about Life in Japan oder Leben in Japan which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSN... We are going in to close proximity of Fukushima Nuclear Power plant and want to visit The Great East Japan Earthquake and Nuclear Disaster Memorial Museum. Which is only 6 km away and 12 min by car. So you can believe my surprised when I heard that Fukushima Prefecture is planning to have a trial session starting 16 April for Tourist to visit Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. We were curious and started to do a little research. The obvious first: Radiation level, according to this website https://www.japan-guide.com/list/e120.... Quote: The no-entry zone around the nuclear plant makes up less than 3% of the prefecture's area, and even inside most of the no-entry zone, radiation levels have declined far below the levels that airplane passengers are exposed to at cruising altitude. Needless to say, Fukushima is perfectly safe for tourists to visit. Wide areas of western Fukushima, in particular, escaped much contamination, including the mountainous interior around the historic city of Aizu Wakamatsu. And even in most of the eastern parts of the prefecture, radiation levels have by now decreased to pre-2011 levels due to natural decay and decontamination effort Needless to say we were still worried and we traveled during the month of February. So, we decided to check the area out. Our mode of transport was our car and we started in Matsushima, I will link the video above. On the highway signs appeared indicating the radiation level, very spooky for my taste. We stopped at a rest station on the motorway and found lots of Fukushima souvenirs and introduction to Fukushima Prefecture in general.

Information Links: 1) https://www.japan-guide.com/list/e120.... 2) The Great East Japan Earthquake and Nuclear Disaster Memorial Museum in Fukushima https://www.fipo.or.jp/lore/

Keine Kommentare: